Exploring Career Clusters and Skills Information
Did I Do? Part A: Investigating Career Options
Some of the jobs described in the matching activity may seem to fit within
more than one career cluster. If you find that your answers do not agree
with the ones below, return to the Career Cluster table and rethink your
- D Although Maria must comply with health codes and regulations,
her job fits within Agribusiness and Natural Resources. She uses a natural
resource to supply food.
- B Carlos runs a theater company, which develops, promotes,
and preserves new plays. This falls within Fine Arts and Humanities.
- B Patrick acquires news. He then organizes it so that it is
easily communicated to viewers. His job is part of the Communications
and Media career cluster.
- B LaVera is an accountant. She organizes financial information
for businesses. Her job fits into the Business and Office career cluster.
- C Tony helps families by caring for children. His job is part
of the Family and Consumer Service career cluster.
- B Kasi's job falls within the Environment career cluster.
He monitors the soil so that the park is a healthy place for the visitors
- C Paving, which Yasmin supervises, is one of the many jobs
involved in Construction.
- C Jake produces computer and Internet games, a job found in
the Information Technology career cluster.
- A A pharmacist like Sheldon is responsible for providing the
medicine that a doctor prescribes. Sheldon and a medical doctor both
work in the Health career cluster.
- B By monitoring 911 calls, Casey provides a Public Service.
- A Nasrin works in the Manufacturing career cluster.
- D Dr. Robert Ballard's invention is used for Marine Science.
- A Gerardo is part of the Marketing and Distribution career
- B Marcie's estate planning job fits into the Personal Service
- C Judah's job includes many things that are part of education
and childcare, but technically his job is part of the Hospitality and
Recreation career cluster. Attending camp is supposed to be fun.
- A Alex works for a company that provides Transportation.
Let Me Try It!: Part
Let Me Try It!: Part B