Chapter 23: Plant Assets and Depreciation
Chapter 23 Study Plan
Chapter 23, Section 1, Plant Assets and Equipment
Chapter 23, Section 2, Calculating Depreciation
Chapter 23, Section 3, Accounting for Depreciation Expense at the End of a Year
Extend: A Matter of Ethics
Chapter 23: Who Will They Believe?, p. 640
- In many cases, employees who know of wrongdoing in the workplace do not report
it because they fear employer retaliation and the loss of their job.
- Using your favorite search engine, find out what "whistleblower" protections
are provided by law. Choose one of the following topics and prepare a brief written
- The Whistleblower Provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Environmental Whistleblowers
- Given these protections, why do you think many employees still choose not
to report wrongdoings?