Chapter 14: Accounting for Sales and Cash Receipts
Chapter 14 Study Plan
Chapter 14, Section 1, Accounting for a Merchandising Business
Chapter 14, Section 2, Analyzing Sales Transactions
Chapter 14, Section
3, Analyzing Cash Receipt Transactions
Extend: A Matter of Ethics
Chapter 14: Confidentiality, p. 356
- Tricon Global Restaurants, Inc. operates KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Long John
Silvers, and A&W restaurants worldwide.
- Explore the company's most recent annual report at www.yum.com/investors/annualreport.htm.
Read the section titled Brand Reviews for an overview of Taco Bell sales and operations.
- Answer the following questions in a written report.
- What types of information appear as public information?
- What information seems to be retained as private?
- What specific confidential information would Taco Bell accountants have available
to them? How could revealing this information harm the company?